Highlights of Our Work
New York State Bar Association Journal
Keynote Address (video)
The Convening on Pregnancy in Correctional Settings, December 10, 2017
Watch Our Film
Transformation from the Inside Out Event
Forced To Serve 10 Years In A Men’s Prison, A Trans Activist Demands Change, December 15, 2017
Keila Pulinario Thought Prison Was Tough. Then She Had To Find A Job, December 7, 2017
The Huffington Post
- Notorious New York Prison Is Reclaimed By The Women It Once Caged, January 18, 2017.
- Providing Free Pads And Tampons To Incarcerated Women Is About More Than Hygiene, June 2016.
- New York Bans ‘Barbaric’ Practice Of Shackling Pregnant Inmates, December 23, 2015.
- The U.S. Is Depressingly Good At Putting Women Behind Bars, November 24, 2015.
- Inside A Notorious Women’s Prison Before Its Revolutionary Makeover, November 5, 2015.
The Culture Trip’s Bayview Series:
The New York Times
Former Prison for Women to Become a Place That Serves Them, November 11, 2015.
The Village Voice
A Women’s Prison in Chelsea Will Be Transformed, November 21, 2016.
Public News Service
Cuomo Signs Anti-Shackling Bill into Law, December 24, 2015.
State of New York Press Releases
- Governor Cuomo Signs Domestic Violence Survivors Justice Act, May 14, 2019
- Governor Cuomo Signs Legislation to Prohibit Shackling of Pregnant Inmates During Transportation, December 22, 2015.
New York Expands the Rights of Pregnant Women Not to Be Shackled, December 22, 2015.
- Survivors of Domestic Violence Deserve Clemency, Not Prison Cells, December 21, 2015.
- After Giving Birth, These Women Were Placed in Handcuffs, Leg Irons, and Waist Chains, December 2, 2015.