Highlights of Our Work
Watch Our Film
Transformation from the Inside Out Event
Forced To Serve 10 Years In A Men’s Prison, A Trans Activist Demands Change, December 15, 2017
Keila Pulinario Thought Prison Was Tough. Then She Had To Find A Job, December 7, 2017
The Huffington Post
- Notorious New York Prison Is Reclaimed By The Women It Once Caged, January 18, 2017.
- Providing Free Pads And Tampons To Incarcerated Women Is About More Than Hygiene, June 2016.
- New York Bans ‘Barbaric’ Practice Of Shackling Pregnant Inmates, December 23, 2015.
- The U.S. Is Depressingly Good At Putting Women Behind Bars, November 24, 2015.
- Inside A Notorious Women’s Prison Before Its Revolutionary Makeover, November 5, 2015.
The Culture Trip’s Bayview Series:
The New York Times
Former Prison for Women to Become a Place That Serves Them, November 11, 2015.
The Village Voice
A Women’s Prison in Chelsea Will Be Transformed, November 21, 2016.
Public News Service
Cuomo Signs Anti-Shackling Bill into Law, December 24, 2015.
State of New York Press Releases
- Governor Cuomo Signs Domestic Violence Survivors Justice Act, May 14, 2019
- Governor Cuomo Signs Legislation to Prohibit Shackling of Pregnant Inmates During Transportation, December 22, 2015.
New York Expands the Rights of Pregnant Women Not to Be Shackled, December 22, 2015.
- Survivors of Domestic Violence Deserve Clemency, Not Prison Cells, December 21, 2015.
- After Giving Birth, These Women Were Placed in Handcuffs, Leg Irons, and Waist Chains, December 2, 2015.